|by:||Feb 5, 2007|
* Board member Felix Fraser will take over as interim chair of Telefilm Canada upon the departure of Charles Bélanger, whose five-year term comes to an end on Feb. 18. The search for a permanent replacement is underway.
* Denny Alexander has been hired as Teletoon's new media and communications manager, exiting the Toronto International Film Festival Group after five years.
* Toronto-based producer and distributor Ellis Entertainment has tapped former Proper Television and Red Apple Entertainment employee Sean Connolly as development director for expanding slates at its Ellis Vision and VisionTV International.
* Paul Gertz has been named EVP of newly formed Rainmaker Animation.
* Danielle Schwartz has been tapped by Fever Films and Generator Productions as the new director of marketing and interactive business development for both companies, along with her current duties as executive producer at Fever.
* Peace Point Entertainment Group has brought in Eric Blais as director of new media.
* Daily Planet cohost Natasha Stillwell has left the Discovery Channel science magazine to seek work in the U.K.
* Infowave Software has appointed Lionel G. Dodd has chairman of the board, relieving Gregg Thompson.