Banger Films, In-House Accountant - Toronto, ON
Banger Films is seeking a full time in-house Accountant in our Toronto office. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who thrives in a dynamic environment that rapidly changes with activities and responsibilities that develop over time.
The chosen candidate will work closely with the Partners/Executive Producers, Head of Production and Business Affairs, responsible for all corporate, production and associated accounting, cost reporting and cash flowing, banking, financial reporting, taxation (working together with the external accountants), as well as processing the company’s expense report requests, managing production payroll, and all accounting duties within the department.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of accounting experience; prior experience with Television Production Accounting in Canada is desired
- Proficiency with Intuit QuickBooks accounting software and Excel
- Knowledge of EP Global Vista and Payroll an asset
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and highly motivated/proactive
- The ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and manage time effectively under pressure with deadlines
- Knowledge of film accounting procedures and Canadian film and television tax credits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical skills
- University degree required , ideally including some finance and accounting education
- CPA designation not required but an asset (either CA, CMA or CGA)
References will be required on request
Please submit a RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org
by APRIL 14, 2017 with the subject line "IN-HOUSE ACCOUNTANT".