Vice President, Contracts, CCSA
The Canadian Cable Systems Alliance (CCSA) represents more than 115 independent and highly resourceful companies that provide broadband, television and telephone services to Canadians from coast to coast to coast. Our membership includes many small, family-owned companies, companies serving and operated by Indigenous Peoples in Canada and more than 20 community cooperatives.
Amongst other things, the CCSA negotiates contracts (“Master Agreements”) on the collective behalf of our membership with hundreds of Canadian and foreign television programming services for our members’ carriage of their signals and participates, as needed, in any related CRTC dispute resolution processes. We are also continually exploring opportunities to negotiate Master Agreements for our members’ benefit for other products or services important to their businesses. We are currently seeking a Vice President, Contracts to take over responsibility for the negotiation, conclusion and administration of current and future Master Agreements.
• Possesses excellent negotiating skills and a strategic understanding of the programming acquisition process, including regulatory and legal requirements;
• Has experience successfully resolving disputes through mediation and arbitration processes;
• Possesses a strong knowledge of the North American entertainment distribution industry;
• Has a strong acumen for both business and finance with ability to effectively analyze and interpret financial data and develop business models;
• Is an analytical and creative thinker and has well developed strategic thinking skills;
• Has ability to adapt and change directions quickly in order to keep up with a rapidly-evolving, competitive marketplace;
• Possesses highly developed management and interpersonal skills, combined with strong oral and written communication skills. Equally important are his/her presentation skills;
• Is a team player who demonstrates a positive and an energetic attitude. Can work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment;
• Existing relationships with decision-makers and influencers within the broadcasting distribution industry an asset;
• Has the ability to travel;
• Has a university degree (ideally in Business or Media/Communications or related discipline);
• The ability to converse in and read French would be a strong asset.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
• Working with the CCSA Board and Contracts Review Committee, plan, develop and implement strategy with respect to all CCSA Master Agreements;
• Establish and maintain appropriate systems for the administration of Master Agreements;
• Monitor, measure and report on contract issues, opportunities, development plans and achievements within agreed formats and time frames;
• Manage, train and motivate direct reporting staff;
• Plan and manage departmental activities within agreed budgets and time frames;
• Plan and manage internal, external and Member communications regarding contract issues;
• Liaise with other departments so as to understand and inform on all necessary aspects of business and regulatory matters affecting the company;
• Contribute to strategic planning and development as a member of the executive and management team.
• Lead CCSA’s efforts in securing sponsorship commitments for our annual conference;
• Other duties as requested.
While the CCSA’s Head Office is located in Quispamsis, NB, the Vice President, Contracts will have the option of working from elsewhere in Canada, to be negotiated.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their CV with an accompanying cover letter, together with a statement of salary expectations, in confidence to Jillian English, Chief Financial Officer, CCSA (firstname.lastname@example.org
) by end of business Tuesday, August 15, 2017.