Vice Media Inc.
JOB TITLE: Production Accountant
REPORTS TO: Head of Production Accounting
OVERVIEW: VICE Media is seeking a Production Accountant to work in the television production division. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with a solid background in production accounting and is a team player. They will be flexible and able to re-prioritize duties as required. They will also need to be able to perform well under tight deadlines while still maintaining their attention to detail. The successful candidate
will handle a slate of shows shooting both internationally and domestically.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Compiling cash requirements
• Keeping production cash flow current to production schedule
• Approving invoices, etc.
• Managing an Assistant Production Accounting and approving their data entry,
ensuring all pertinent information is in the accounting system
• Working with Production Manager to prepare cost reports
• Attending cost report meeting with Production Manager, Line Producer, etc.
• Reconciling bank accounts
• Maintaining and balancing petty cash
• Managing credit cards
• Ensure all GST/HST/QST and any other tax type filings are kept up to date
• Balance inter-company accounts with Vice Studio Canada monthly
• Oversee weekly runs, manage vendor expectations and make sure cash flow
needed to cover cash flow output is in place before releasing payment
• Make sure wire transfers are ready for twice weekly approval
• Ensure that ledgers are ready for monthly reporting on schedule
• Ensure that ledgers are ready for Vice Studio Canada fiscal year end
• Ensure that ledgers are ready for their own year ends
• Ensure that Vice Studio Canada finance procedures are being followed by the
• Post secondary education required, specifically with an administration or accounting focus.
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a Production Accountant
• Working knowledge of Canadian production unions an asset
• Experience working with multiple currencies and a variety of different types of productions, including inter-provincial and international co-productions
• Able to multi-task and time manage to handle several shows at one time
• Able to work in a team setting and manage assistants
• Able to re-prioritize as the needs of production demands change
• Experienced with PSL production accounting software, Excel, Word and Apple Mac hardware
• Able to work in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended
as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position
may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by
supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT: https://boards.greenhouse.io/vicecanada/jobs/708582#.WbACldOGOF0
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your
application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you
success in your future career.