Vérité Films is a creative driven company that produces award-winning television series, films and interactive entertainment. Founded by Producer Virginia Thompson and Producer/Director/Writer Robert de Lint, Vérité has become a leader in cross platform entertainment for prime time audiences with content such as Corner Gas Animated, The Governor General Performing Arts Awards, Corner Gas, InSecurity, and Incredible Story Studio.
Job Title: Production and Business Affairs Executive
Terms of Employment: Maternity Leave Contract Position
Term: January 2 - October 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario
The Production and Business Affairs Executive will work with Executive Producers, production staff, distributors, broadcasters, publicity and marketing executives, digital media executives, business affairs executives, accounting personnel, legal personnel, advisors, clients and support staff working with Vérité Films to perform the following duties as outlined below.
Business Affairs Duties:
• Administering agreements with key production personnel;
• Administering insurance policies;
• Input and/or assistance with auditor and legal service providers;
• Preparating applications for tax credits (federal and provincial), CMF, CRTC and other agency funding;
• Coordinating delivery of all closing agenda items for interim financier;
• Monitoring productions to ensure they are produced in accordance with financing agreements, tax credit requirements, locked budget, guild agreements, legal and insurance requirements;
• Administering trademarks;
• Overseeing brand needs and requirements of productions, digital media extensions, and merchandising;
• Administering script and music clearances.
Production Executive Duties:
• Playing a support and organizational role to the Executive Producers;
• Tracking production, post production, and delivery schedules;
• Managing relationships with broadcasters, distributors, financiers, brand partners and suppliers;
• Creating development budgets, financing strategies and schedules;
Experience & Qualifications
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in a Business Affairs role or equivalent
• Experience working in television and digital
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
with “Production and Business Affairs Executive" in the subject line, by October 18, 2017.
Vérité Films would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.