Position : Sr. Business Affairs Coordinator, Maternity Leave Coverage, (salary grade 4)
Reports to : Manager, Business Affairs & Broadcast Compliance
Purpose: Prepare and administer agreements, assist with preparation of business reports, perform data entry into contract database and achieve Business Affairs department goals and objectives.
1. Prepare, draft and circulate for signature Acquisitions, Pre-sale and In-house production contracts and amendments including Sales Agreements for Paid Programming content. When required, must write and update new contractual terms and language. Must cross check with previous corporately accepted contractual precedents. Responsible for accuracy of the contractual terms and obligations. Carefully reviews each contract or deal letter before circulating for signature.
2. Responsible for all Wide Orbit contract entries while ensuring accuracy and integrity of database entries at all times. Responsible to audit database contract entries, when required.
3. Follow up with producers and distributors to ensure agreements are fully executed in a timely manner. Liaise with distributors/producers to ensure timely delivery of materials and other deliverables and to ensure adherence to correct technical specifications/format.
4. Track if deliverables are submitted according to contract terms prior to endorsing invoice for payment. Provide information to auditors when needed and answer contract-related questions during audit.
5. Communicate information and forward promotional materials from producers/distributors to concerned parties – i.e., Marketing and Web. Inform Scheduling and Library if there is any expected delay in the delivery of broadcast materials.
6. Ensure Canadian producers apply for CRTC and CAVCO numbers and assist producers with CRTC Canadian Certification applications when necessary.
7. Maintain and organize electronic and hard copies of all contracts and any pertinent documents.
8. Assist in preparing reports for agencies such as the CRTC, CMF and copyright collectives as required.
9. Perform other miscellaneous tasks, queries and special project requests for the Business Affairs Department as assigned.
• At least three (3) years broadcast or distribution contracting experience.
• Strong analysis, judgment, written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven track record of accuracy, attention to details and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
• Understanding of the production process from agreement execution to delivery of master.
• Experience with various broadcast deliverables formats, technical specifications, and technical quality.
• Above average proficiency in MS Office, experience with Wide Orbit Program an asset.
Application Process: If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
(clearly identifying “Senior Business Affairs Coordinator” position in the subject line) by 5 pm Friday, November 03, 2017. This is a bargaining unit position. VisionTV, ONE: Get Fit, and JoyTV and HopeTV are ZoomerMedia Television Division companies. We thank all applicants for applying, however only applicants being considered will be contacted.