The Directors Guild of Canada Ontario (DGC Ontario) is a provincial labour organization representing more than 2,200 key creative and logistical personnel working in the screen-based industries in the areas of direction, assistant direction, design, production management, locations, accounting and editing. DGC Ontario secures work opportunities for its Members, represents their interests through the negotiation and administration of collective agreements, and engages in extensive industry advocacy and lobbying activities at the provincial and municipal levels.
The DGC Ontario office has an opening for the position of Manager, Member Services Department. This person would be responsible for the long and short term planning, development and evaluation of the fundamental elements of the Member Services Department in Ontario. This position oversees the admissions and management of Member status within the organization as well as the professional development and training created and provided to our Members.
Specific responsibilities include:
• planning and organization of the day-to-day administrative processes for new DGC Ontario Member admissions and upgrades;
• co-ordinating the development and delivery of the Guild Apprentice Program (GAP) and related training activities;
• participating in the development and implementation of the overall Professional Development and Training Program for DGC Ontario Members;
• acting as the Ontario representative for the National DGC Membership and Training Committee;
• preparing and/or contributing to Guild and membership communications content and materials as appropriate;
• cultivating and providing a resourceful and responsive service relationship with Members;
• assigning and overseeing the day-to-day work of the Member Services Co-ordinator;
• assisting the COO in the planning and delivery of the Ontario Members Services administration and activities
• Education: post-secondary
• Experience: background in the film and television industry, with particular understanding of the positions and responsibilities of Members covered under the DGC jurisdiction
• Skills: strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Start Date: To be determined, but as soon as possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume with a covering letter to DGC Ontario's Chief Operating Officer, Ann Marie Sluga, at firstname.lastname@example.org
by end of day Friday, November 17, 2017.