About Entertainment One
Entertainment One (“eOne”) is a publicly-traded global entertainment company. eOne’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Based in Toronto, Canada, eOne was founded in 1973 as retail music distributor Records on Wheels. By 2003 the company had expanded into film, television and family content production and distribution. The company became a constituent of the London Stock Exchange’s FTSE 250 Index in 2013.
Entertainment One’s robust network now includes the film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, Reliance Entertainment, Alibaba Pictures and Universal Filmed Entertainment; the newly-launched MAKEREADY with Brad Weston; leading feature film production and global sales company, Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production company Renegade 83; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning digital agency, Secret Location.
With offices across North America, Latin America, the U.K., Europe, Asia and Australia, the company has an expansive global footprint of original development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of must-have entertainment content.
Reporting to: VP, Development & Production
The Director of Development has the mandate of ensuring a constant flow of new programming ideas, staying current with industry trends and initiatives as well as working with writers and producers taking programs from development to production. You are high energy, hardworking and committed to continuing the tradition of developing high-quality, innovative programming.
- Originate new programming ideas and write one-sheets and full proposals, taking into account the needs of potential broadcast partners
- Develop ideas from in-house and outside of eOne, providing feedback and proposal writing support
- Assist with pitches as needed and ensuring that follow up material is provided to broadcasters
- Initiate and manage relationships with potential writers, show runners and talent
- Research or supervise research, story/copy edit pitches and one sheets, work with creative team throughout the development process
- Work with management team to prioritize projects
- Monitor and keep current with trends in programming both in Canada and internationally
- University degree
- 5 years in production/development
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Self starter who works well in an entrepreneurial environment
- A relationship builder, patient and assertive with strong creative vision
- Ability to deal with multiple projects at any given time
- Detailed knowledge of the broadcasting landscape in Canada and Internationally
To apply, please email: Miran Marcus at firstname.lastname@example.org
For full description, please visit: https://www.entertainmentone.com/careers/
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.