About Entertainment One
Entertainment One (“eOne”) is a publicly-traded global entertainment company. eOne’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Based in Toronto, Canada, eOne was founded in 1973 as retail music distributor Records on Wheels. By 2003 the company had expanded into film, television and family content production and distribution. The company became a constituent of the London Stock Exchange’s FTSE 250 Index in 2013.
Entertainment One’s robust network now includes the film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, Reliance Entertainment, Alibaba Pictures and Universal Film Entertainment; the newly-launched MAKEREADY with Brad Weston; leading feature film production and global sales company, Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production company Renegade 83; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning digital agency, Secret Location.
With offices across North America, Latin America, the U.K., Europe, Asia and Australia, the company has an expansive global footprint of original development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of must-have entertainment content.
Reporting to: SVP Global
The VP of Development and Production position would suit an accomplished broadcast professional with experience in both the creation, pitching, and producing of unscripted television. Creative thinking is key to this role, combined with an in-depth understanding of the unscripted industry in Canada, it’s trends and initiatives. The VP will be responsible for the development, creation and pitching of non- scripted series as well as overseeing eOne Television Canada’s production department/current slate of non-scripted productions.
Development Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with SVP to develop a strategy for the development of unscripted series with both domestic and international potential
- Originate new programming ideas by leading the unscripted team, taking into account the needs of potential broadcast partners, audience & commercial needs
- Bring creative support and leadership to the Canadian team.
- Assist with pitches as needed and ensure that follow up material is provided to broadcasters
- Initiate and manage relationships with potential writers, show runners and talent
- Research or supervise research, story/copy edit pitches and one sheets, work with creative team throughout the development process with an eye to excellence
- Work with management team to prioritize projects, budgets, cost reports, crew alignment, fiscal needs.
- Monitor and keep current with trends in programming both in Canada and internationally
- Assess and protect quality throughout the process of development
- Manage and build relationships with clients and partners
- Multi task as large a slate as required during growth of department
Production Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing Television Canada’s non-scripted productions, which include series of varying budgets and formats, from development through to delivery
- Ensuring that eOne productions are of the highest quality and are delivered within established parameters, e.g. budgetary, schedule, crew, logistics etc.
- Planning and staffing the production slate
- Managing all staff in the production department
- Manage departmental budget as well as the individual show’s production budgets
- Solving production challenges and improve department workflow and procedures
- Maintaining excellent internal and external relationships within the Canadian and international broadcast and production community.
- Problem solving production issues with producers, broadcasters and production crew.
- Acting as the main point of contact between the network and producers for managing day- to-day details of production planning and logistics.
- Identifying and cultivating freelance and potential staff hires
- Cultivating network, client and supplier partnerships
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a development/production executive
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with international and/or interprovincial co-productions
- Experience managing staff in a production environment and the ability to manage multiple productions and staff as well as corporate objectives.
- A strong understanding of non-scripted production and financing
- Well networked within the television industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and work well with all levels within an organization.
- Experience in leading, mentoring and managing staff
- Independent judgement, discretion and diplomacy
- Highly organized, with a strong drive to meet organizational, departmental objectives and manage budgets
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and with tight and multiple deadlines
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, go getter, positive thinker, respectful
Proficient in all MS Office Applications, and industry standard production budgeting and scheduling programs
- Project management skills
As required by manager and budget
To apply, please email: Miran Marcus at firstname.lastname@example.org
For full description, please visit: https://www.entertainmentone.com/careers/
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.