Guru is a Toronto-based entertainment company known for its top-tier animation quality and award winning content such as: Justin Time and PAW Patrol. Our studio's dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a 3D Character Modeler (or Character Animator) to join our team.
Job Title: 3D Character Modeler (or Character Animator)
Terms of Employment: Contract (2 years)
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Position Summary The Character Modelers job is highly creative and technical role that carries the responsibility of creating highly appealing and functional characters for use in Gurus animated productions. Using the 2D designs provided by the art department, the Character Modeler must navigate the challenges of translating and providing creative solutions to design challenges using their experience and sculpting talents.
- Model and Sculpt characters for 3D Animated productions using Maya and Zbrush
- Meet technical and creative requirements outlined by the CG and Asset Supervisors
- Identify problems in 2D Designs and provide well thought out solutions that respect the visual language of the intended design
- Work with Rigging Department to generate blend shapes and corrective shapes
- Ensure work is completed and delivered per schedule and all deadlines are met
- Collaborate with other artists to ensure quality and consistency
- Keep current on modeling techniques and technology and propose new tools/methodologies
- 1+ years in experience as a Character Modeler on an animated television production or College Diploma in animation
- A strong understanding of Zbrush and up to date modeling techniques
- Full working knowledge of Maya's modeling toolset
- Demonstrate strong understanding of 2D visual language
- Practical clay and sculpture experience
- Experience modeling dogs and cats in 3D is required
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work within a team and independently
- Strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working on an award winning animation series an asset
- Work location: Toronto ON
- Full time - up to 44 hours per week
- Salary Range: $62,000.00 to $65,000.00
- Standard Company group benefit package after 6 months
- Equivalent of 2 week's vacation (4%)
What We Can Offer You
- Career growth. Not only has Guru grown exponentially over the past few years, but it's a place that truly believes in promoting from within.
- Amazing co-workers. Guru has an incredible team of committed, talented people.
- Great office culture. We have a gorgeous space located right in the coolest part of downtown Toronto, and a friendly, positive work atmosphere.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with 3D Character Modeler in the subject line.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Kindly notify us in advance of your requirements.
Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.