Guru Studio's dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning, and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company, is looking for a mid-level production accountant with experience in film and television cost accounting. There is the potential for this role to lead to a management role. This role reports directly to the Senior Production Accountant.
• Providing up-to-date cost reports with accurate estimates-to-complete for producers
• Tracking bi-weekly crew payroll including timesheets, producer approvals, preparing and sending to a major entertainment payroll service provider
• Reviewing payroll edits to approval stage
• Accounts payable entry for multiple productions
• Creating labour schedules for tax credit purposes
• Maintenance of up-to-date intercompany balances and reconciliation
• Preparing accounting schedules for fiscal year ands and tax credit claims
• Fielding questions from external auditors and/or the CRA
• Full-cycle accounting experience
• Knowledge of WGC, ACTRA and CAVCO, OMDC or CMF rules an asset
• Intermediate or higher excel skills an asset
• Experience with production payroll services such as EP Canada and Cast & Crew
• Experience with production cost accounting software such as SMART, PSL, VISTA
• Excellent communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills – a team player
• A positive and pro-active approach to problem solving with the ability to work effectively under pressure and maintain a sense of humor.
Please email resumes to email@example.com
with Production Accountant in the subject line.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Kindly notify us in advance of your requirements. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.