Award winning Ontario-based production company, Boat Rocker Media (BRM), is a global entertainment company that creates, produces and distributes premium content and brands for all platforms. We have a strong creative and business culture that fights for ideas, supports storytellers, and has a track record of ensuring big ideas get distributed to the world.
The Distribution Accountant will report in to the Director, Rights Management & Admin on a daily basis and be embedded in the Rights team. The role will report in to the SVP, Corporate Finance with respect to the accounting output and financial processes. The successful candidate will be responsible for the financial administration tasks of our successful and constantly expanding international distribution division.
• Create, issue and administer invoices pursuant to program licence agreements
• Pursue and track all collections related to invoices
• Reconcile payments of all licence fees to various producers and/or programs as necessary
• Prepare accurate and complete journal entries to reflect General Ledger transactions
• Perform month-end closing activities for the distribution transactions
• Prepare analysis of General Ledger accounts as required
• Prepare and assist with quarterly producer reports to third party producers, partnerships, and in-house producers
• Monitor all distribution advances and minimum guarantees, and update recoupment schedules
• Prepare various monthly reports, including commission, revenue and sales tracking
• Other duties as required
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 3 years experience in basic bookkeeping practices
• Competent with MS Office suite of applications and general comfort with learning new software applications
• Prior experience with accounting software and rights management database software is a plus
• Prior experience dealing with foreign exchange payments will be considered a strong asset
• Familiarity with tax withholding practices
• Proven capacity to contribute positively to team work
• Ability to both follow direction and work independently to effectively manage workload and prioritize activities
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written
• Previous experience in television or other entertainment media is a plus
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply online at: https://boatrocker.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10329228