Spin Master Ltd.
Spin Master Entertainment -- Director of Development, Branded & Franchise Content, Toronto
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children's entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What’s it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results.
Our audiences’ viewing preferences are rapidly shifting from conventional long-form television to shorter formats made available on a wide array of online platforms. Accordingly, Spin Master Entertainment (SME) is fine tuning its Development Strategy in response to this evolution and seeks to develop new content that anticipates our audience’s next move.
The Vice President Development and Creative Director working with the Executive Vice President SME are in the process of establishing a macro-strategic creative mandate. The Director of Development, Brand & Franchise Content co-manages SME’s development team in close collaboration with the Director of Development, Original Content and is in charge of all day-to-day creative development for SME’s Brand and Franchise properties.
You will assist the Vice President Development and Creative Director in the ongoing strategic planning process for short form Brand & Franchise content in support of new and existing SME brands and franchises within the non-linear platform space, developing a robust and distinctive state of properties. You are passionate about achieving excellence in storytelling that stands above our competition.
What we can expect from you:
Ensuring that the development team, including third party content teams are motivated toward and achieve optimal performance
Effectively liaise with, manage, and/or lead the internal Spin Master teams, as appropriate, towards best in class content that supports Brand & Franchise initiatives and their strategic objectives
Developing new and maintaining existing strong and meaningful relationships with talent promoting Spin Master Entertainment as the first choice partner for content producers in our industry
Ensuring that key milestones are met in order to achieve the 5-10 year SME Creative Strategy Plan
Scoping out new emerging talent and seeking out best in class talent (creators, script writers, illustrators, studios, producers etc.) who would be ideal partners on shows developed by the Company
Leading all creative / editorial aspects across all short form projects leading teams, co-producers and partners as required from script to greenlight
Leading internal brainstorms between divisions to ensure collaborative planning to the overall entertainment strategy
Managing the execution of creative briefs sent to potential third party partners tendering for our work
Being the creative champion for the projects under your purvue and ensuring best in class writing, illustration, animation across all projects
Negotiating contracts in collaboration with Legal and Business Affairs with creative talent where appropriate
Who’s a good fit for this team:
• An effective, collaborative and responsible management style
• A strong and clear communicator, both verbally and in writing, who can persuade internal and external audiences with exceptional presentation skills
• An open-minded and creative thinker with the ability distill multiple inputs who is then able to come up with ideas that are ‘outside the box’
• An excellent track record in managing teams of people both internally and externally such as third party vendors including studios
• A proven history of delivering quality content in the children’s/branded content arena
You should apply if you have the following:
• 8-10 years of experience in the children’s branded content business
• A contact base with the kids content creation industry globally (examples include: talent, producers, toy companies, competitors)
• Ability to clearly and confidently communicate a story pitch or idea in an enthusiastic and passionate way
• Basic knowledge of standard industry commercial terms and parameters
• Knowledge of financing and co-production treaties
• Knowledge of key trends in the licensing and merchandising arena
What you can expect from us:
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
Please apply at www.spinmatercareers.com
or directly to SimonDM@spinmaster.com