Reel One Entertainment/ Reel One Pictures Inc. is a dynamic International Films & TV production and distribution company located in Montreal for more than 10 years. We also have offices in Vancouver, Los Angeles and London (UK).
Reel One Entertainment is looking for an experienced candidate for the position of Controller, Production. Remotely reporting to the Chief Financial Officer in Montreal, the candidate will supervise an Assistant Controller in Vancouver. The Controller, Production will be the main liaison between Production and the head office and will thus work closely production managers and accountants, as well as other departments.
• Review tax credit analysis and production company year- end files and F/S
• Monitor production cost variances during and after production as well as their impact on tax credits. Inform management of any major variances in a timely manner
• Monitor Cash flow: impact of production on corporate cash flow, maximize use of financing, and analyze and approve draw requests
• Assure internal procedures and controls are followed by production and post production accountants
• Supervise a team of accountants
• Responsible for the governmental and financial year-end audits of the productions
• Be the contact person in respect of tax credits (calculation, rules, modification, audit trends)
• Accelerate the implementation of the paperless approach in production
• Various and ad-hoc financial analysis
• Minimum of 5 years of experience and 2 years of experience in tax credit calculations
• Accounting certificate CPA/CGA/CMA
• Experience with Great Plains
• Very strong analytical and cash flow forecasting skills
• Ability to quickly adapt to change in a dynamic and fast-growing environment
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong sense of organization, autonomous and resourceful
• Experience managing an audit process
• Experience in managing a team
• Some Knowledge of French (this is an asset)
• Multicurrency experience
To apply, please send us your C.V. at email@example.com
Salary and benefits package is commensurate with experience.