Leading kids’ media company Sinking Ship Entertainment is looking for a new Distribution Coordinator to join its growing team of television sales and marketing professionals. The Distribution Coordinator’s main responsibility is to provide administrative support to the Distribution and Communications departments, including a focus on the execution of social media strategy. This is a role that requires strong organizational, data entry, research and writing skills, as well as experience with social media platforms. The ideal candidate will be curious about the world of television distribution, including marketing and social media, as well extremely skilled in general administrative tasks and research.
Sinking Ship Entertainment is a multiple Emmy® Award winning production, distribution and interactive company specializing in kids’ live action CGI blended series. Since its launch in 2004, Sinking Ship has produced over 500 hours of content and sold to over 200 countries internationally. The company has rapidly earned a reputation for high quality, ground breaking original series and companion interactive experiences. The Distribution department was recently named 9th in the world in Kidscreen magazine’s annual Hot 50 list.
SAMPLE TASKS (including but not limited to)
• Providing support to the Distribution department as needed, including data entry, researching, air dates tracking, calendar requests, tracking inventory and promotional items, and other basic administrative tasks that offer support to the department.
• Providing support to the Communications department as needed, including uploading social media posts as directed, helping with marketing events, and other basic administrative tasks that offer support to the department.
• General administrative tasks which occur from time to time in other departments, as needed and approved by the Heads of Sales and Distribution.
Requirements for Position and Skills Required:
• Post-secondary Bachelor’s Degree or college diploma in a recognized media program
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in the entertainment field in an administrative support or coordinator role
• Experience with and proficiency in various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Enthusiastic about the world of television distribution
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, with excellent attention to detail
• Must be able to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines
• General proficiency in Microsoft Office required, as well as the ability to quickly understand and learn any propriety programs (familiarity with additional programs such as Photoshop or Salesforce is a plus).
If you fit this role and would like to join our dynamic team, please submit cover letter and resume to the attention of Kate Sanagan at firstname.lastname@example.org
by February 8, 2019. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.