Media Headquarters, a leading content company based in Toronto, is looking for a full-time Head of Unscripted Development to join their team.
Reporting to the CEO and Executive Producer, the Head of Unscripted Development is highly creative with a passion for storytelling and entrepreneurial spirit who will manage non-fiction content development at MHQ. We are seeking an experienced television executive for this position.
• Oversee development of factual, documentary, reality, competition and lifestyle series based on a strategy defined by the CEO to build a robust slate of production
• Develop, write and create pitch packages, and attend pitches
• Oversee development shoots and edits to create first-class demo presentations
• Generate new show ideas/concepts and identify and secure existing IP
• Research and oversee casting of new talent
• Collaborate with MHQ team to secure new and unique partnerships
• Minimum 10 years overall work experience in television/entertainment with a proven track record
• Minimum 5 years of experience developing non fiction series
• Superior writing and producing skills
• Demonstrated knowledge developing unscripted ideas from concept to pitch to production
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management and outside partners
• Curious, creative, and embraces unconventional thinking
• Assertive and highly motivated individual with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Thorough understanding of the international television marketplace
• Established relationships with Canadian and international broadcast executives is an asset
• University degree or College Diploma
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send, in confidence, a cover letter and C.V. to email@example.com
by March 29, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.