Spin Master Ltd.
Creative Producer -- Toronto
Are you a kid at heart looking to build a career with a leading global children's entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What’s it like to work here?
Spin Master Entertainment (“SME”) is an exciting, fast growing, global, animated content producer within Spin Master Ltd. (“Spin Master”). SME is a division that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and other exploitation of animated children’s entertainment productions. Key properties in SME’s rights portfolio include PAW Patrol, Rusty Rivets, Little Charmers and Bakugan.
The Creative Producer is responsible for: (i) overseeing and managing the creative
process for the production of a project; (ii) in collaboaration with Spin Masters’ brand management team, managing the projects’ brand from a content point of view; and, (iii) managing the day-to-day creative aspects of the production of an SME project. The Creative Producer must have a great creative acumen and proven track record in story telling and creative production. This role is also the primary creative production liaison between SME, and, the project’s creative team, story editor/showrunner, toy team, and internal departments and television executive teams.The Creative Producer must have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, independent contractors and third parties.
What we can expect from you:
•Advising SME regarding potential creative talent to attach to the project.
• During pre-production of a project, working closely with a project’s Line Producer, Director of Creative Affairs, VP Entertainment, Head of Production to ensure that a project’s production schedule and production budget are consistent with the project’s scripts and other creative requirements.
•With direction, overseeing all other pre-production activities related to the creative aspects of the Project including hiring of the creative team.
• Overseeing and playing a crucial leadership role with respect to all creative elements of the production of a project including writing, casting, voice direction, design, storyboarding, leicas, animation, postproduction,etc.
•Working with the SME prodution team to ensure that the project’s is completed on time and within budget.
•Meeting project deadlines/milestones as assigned or required by SME.
•Working with the Senior Director of Creative Affairs, Current Series to interpret and incorporate the director(s), client(s),broadcaster(s) and toy team comments with regard to a project’s scripts, design, storyboards/leicas, voice talent and animation, etc.
• Working with the internal Spin Master toy and marketing teams to ensure that the brand is effectively supported
• Attending voice records, mixes and on line and off line edits as required
• Leading by example with best practices of people management.
• Managing strategic professional relationships, including with the creative team and third party vendors, for the maximum benefit of SME.
•Other creative producer tasks as may be required by the Senior Director of Creative Affairs, Current Series and VP of Production.
You should apply if you have the following:
•In-depth understanding of the animation production process and pipelines, both 2D digital and CGI.
•Minimum of 10 years experience in a producer role for animated children’s television series.
• An excellent and proven acumen for children’s animated storytelling.
• A strong creative thinker with the ability to think unconventionally and not be constrained by traditional ways of thinking and doing.
•A strong background in managing globally successful branded content in the children’s space.
• Strong organizational and time management skills essential.
•A high level of proficiency in Word, Final Draft, Power Point and Excel.
• A calm approach to all situations and ability to problem solve quickly, creatively and logically.
• Excellent industry contacts.
• Managerial and leadership experience.
• Direct experience working with international partners in animation production.
• Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and deadline oriented.
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, as well as diplomacy to balance the creative expectations of the director(s), artists and other creative personnel, with the financial resources available.
•Excellent ability to analyze and summarize.
If you are interested in being a part of Spin Master, please send your applications to Sascha King, Manager, Global Talent at SaschaK@spinmaster.com