Portfolio Entertainment Inc.
Portfolio Entertainment is a leading media company that specializes in the production, animation, and distribution of premium content for television and digital platforms worldwide.
For the past 28 years, we have prided ourselves on being creatively driven, collaborative and diligent in achieving the highest of standards and excellence in a transitional and competitive landscape. With the launch of our animation studio in 2015, we’ve been growing faster than ever before, boasting a vibrant creative culture that celebrates imagination and entrepreneurship in an expansive, modern space in Toronto’s King West district.
We are currently looking for an experienced DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE to join our development team. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Content, the Development Executive will be responsible to help grow and manage Portfolio’s development slate of animated and scripted live-action properties.
THE ROLE AND REQUIREMENTS
• An out-of-the-box creative thinker with great instincts for generating creative ideas, sourcing and identifying IP for television and digital media platforms
• A pro-active self-starter with the ability to work creatively with writers, creators, showrunners, producers, artists and 3rd parties to develop IP from concept through to greenlight
• Develop, build and nurture existing and new relationships with the creative community
• Review submissions; provide script coverage and analysis; offer recommendations
• Provide notes on scripts, bibles, concepts and proposals with the purpose of advancing creative ideas
• Participate in creative brainstorming sessions
• Write development proposals and work with development team to produce marketing materials for sell sheets, bibles and sizzle reels
• Maintain development database; organize and track all projects on the development slate
• Conduct extensive research and stay abreast of market trends in the TV and digital landscape
• Attend festivals and conferences as required
QUALIFICATIONS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 3 to 4 years experience in a kids and family content development role
• A relationship-builder with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• A creative thinker and content enthusiast with a thorough knowledge of kids and family content
• Pro-active self starter who can work independently in a thriving environment
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Highly organized with an ability to work on multiple projects at a time
• Solid writing skills
If you are interested in this full-time position, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Friday June 7th, 2019
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Kindly notify us in advance of your requirements. Portfolio Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer.