Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
CANADA’S PREMIERE CHRISTIAN VOICE IN NEWS SEEKS A NATIONAL NEWS HOST
If you love interviewing the biggest newsmakers in Canada and building thoughtful, high paced stories that explores the intersect between journalism and Christianity - this role is for you. This full time position is filled with long and short form journalism, field producing, and in studio interviews.
Your team based work will be detailed, pressure filled, and deeply rewarding. Your portfolio will show a wide-range of on-air interviews, stories, and commentary. You have a ‘sixth-sense’ for news, a calling for Christian journalism and know how to research, write, produce, and interview your stories from inception to completion.
About Context – Beyond the Headlines
Lorna Dueck, the founder / host of Context, has explored the intersection of journalism and Christianity for over 30 years. That curiosity led to the creation of Context.
Today, Context is Canada’s premiere Christian voice in news and current affairs. Currently finishing its 15th season, Context’s broadcast team journalistically explore Christian thought in the news and events that shape our world and is produced by Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
A Little Bit About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned journalist and host who wants to bring their curiosity, on-air talent and solid news producing skills to a leading Christian affairs show that exists to create boundary-breaking media that reveals Christ. The following are some of the aspects of the role:
• Host and co-host productions in studio with Lorna Dueck and team
• Report on groundbreaking and emerging stories providing a Christian voice and journalistic commentary
• Lead and present story ideas and creative approaches for an evangelistic perspective on news and current events
• Lead episodes from idea generation through to broadcast
• Deliver episode related digital content for web and social media platforms
• Promote episode content on social media channels including personal network, Context pages etc. by posting engaging articles and captions
• Identify, book, and coordinate guests providing greens for host.
• Conduct interviews in the field and travel to locations to produce field segments giving direction to videographer
• Create episode rundowns complete with script drafts and visual support (b-roll, graphics)
• Locate additional footage and visuals to be used in programs and provide direction to editor/videographer
• Provide paper edits and all related media to editor to meet deadlines
• Work with Audience Co-Coordinator when/if required
• Support other producers when required for broadcast and digital deliverables
• Ensure show files are complete, up to date and organize/fill story files
• Load all file episode content and guest details on the server (incl. closed captioning scripts)
• File for SOCAN music clearance for each episode
• Host and facilitate fundraising events and special projects
• Produce and assist in fundraising videos and messages
• Speak for the Ministry at events, including those occurring on evenings/weekends, as needed
• Host productions as assigned
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For
This role is ideal for a self-starter and trail blazer in media. You likely have worked for a large network, produced leading content and have experience in chase producing, news reading or reporting. What you are looking for is a role that combines your love for media with your need for impact. You have a keen eye for top stories and want to make your mark by creating boundary-breaking media that reveals Christ. A few other things that you would likely have
• Degree in Media Production or relevant combined experience
• 7+ year of experience in production, hosting and/or reporting
• Possess a creative flair and a commitment to quality programming
• Ability to assess stories and content for their marketability and potential audience appeal
• An exceptionally good networker and people person
• Ability to prioritize effectively across a number of projects, managing time and resources according to each production's requirements
• Understand program markets and audience dynamics
• Understand the requirements of individual broadcasters' audiences
• Have current knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulations, and associated procedures, including copyright, data protection, public liability, etc. and how to comply with regulatory requirements
If this is you, we would love to hear from you.
Applications must include a current resume, and a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s faith-based culture. Applications will be received no later than July 5, 2019 and should be addressed to the attention of:
Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resourcesapply@crossroads.ca
Applications internally and externally will be considered. This position is open to both female and male applicants. Crossroads Christian Communications is an Employment Equity Employer.