ROLE: Legal and Business Affairs Coordinator
ABOUT 9 STORY MEDIA GROUP: 9 Story Media Group is an industry-leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning animated and live-action content for young audiences around the world.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide support to 9 Story’s Legal and Business Affairs teams.
• Assisting the legal team with production documentation (e.g. drafting writer agreements from templates; gathering various supporting documentation for funding applications)
• Maintenance of corporate minute-books
• Preparing and filing copyright registrations
• Researching and informing key stakeholders of agency funding opportunities within Canada
• Preparing and managing agency funding applications (CMF, Shaw, Bell Fund, etc.)
• Completing guild start-up paperwork
• Arranging for the timely distribution and execution of contracts
• Liaising with internal departments and external parties such as funds and guilds
• Assisting in the submission of insurance applications and tracking of policies
• Performing administrative duties such as filing and record-keeping to support the legal team
• Other duties as required/directed
• Law clerk/paralegal studies or university degree
• Previous experience in legal or business affairs in the entertainment industry is preferred
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to prioritize and manage a large and diverse workload
• Good judgment and strong attention to detail
Qualified and interested applicants please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. Please include “Legal and Business Affairs Coordinator Position” in the subject line of your email.